To Get Started: Please Login Using Your USC Email.

Category: General Library

Department: Doheny Library

Location: DML

Hourly Rate: 14.25

Number of Positions: 1

College Work Study (CWS): Preferred

Duties and Responsibilities:

This is not a DESK JOB! You will spend 75% of your daily routines in the Doheny or East Asian Bookstacks (Pushing a cart, searching for materials, moving books and other related tasks within the BOOKSTACKS) and the other 25% at a computer assessing book records.  With that said, Doheny Library is seeking responsible and mature students for employment. Duties will primarily include learning our "ILS" called ALMA, record clean-up, inventorying, shifting and weeding library materials and transferring books to other libraries.  Students will also be responsible for any other library duties or projects that might arise. Here are the various position titles within this posting I am looking to fill.

1) East Asian inventory assistant - Very detailed job; Inventorying, updating records, record maintenance, shifting, minimal shelving & other related East Asian inventory tasks. No language skills are required as this job will focus on the records. 

2) Book Beautician - Relabeling books, create signage, make rangefinders and other related projects. Prefer someone who is comfortable free-handing signage and designs. 

3) Inventory Guru - A Detective job (Detailed); Searching for library materials and entering data into a spreadsheet.

 

Job Qualifications:

Qualified candidates must be detailed oriented and have an eye for mistakes. Must have a great work ethic and be able to work independently. Candidates should be engaged in their duties, be able to provide feedback to their supervisor and assist in updating ongoing procedures. Library experience is preferred not required. Familiarity with Library of Congress classification system is desirable. If you read this far, in your application put what ILS stands for!


Job Skills & Experience

  • Data Entry
  • Email/Web Browsers
  • Mac
  • Spread Sheets
  • Typing
  • Windows
  • Word Processing

Days/Hours Needed For Coverage

Time of day Sun. Mon. Tue. Wed. Thu. Fri. Sat.
12 am - 01 am
01 am - 02 am
02 am - 03 am
03 am - 04 am
04 am - 05 am
05 am - 06 am
06 am - 07 am
07 am - 08 am
08 am - 09 am
09 am - 10 am
10 am - 11 am
11 am - 12 pm
12 pm - 01 pm
01 pm - 02 pm
02 pm - 03 pm
03 pm - 04 pm
04 pm - 05 pm
05 pm - 06 pm
06 pm - 07 pm
07 pm - 08 pm
08 pm - 09 pm
09 pm - 10 pm
10 pm - 11 pm
11 pm - 12 am